Water resources and environmental engineers use the principles of biology and chemistry to develop solutions to environmental problems. They are involved in water and air pollution control, recycling, waste disposal, public health water supply and industrial waste water treatment systems. Environmental engineers are concerned with local and worldwide environmental issues.
All Engineering courses have duration of five (5) years.
They work as consultants, work with water and environmental engineering firm, the Ministry of Water and Environment or get self-employed.
Essential skills for Engineers
- Effective technical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Project management skills
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Computer skills
- Good knowledge of mathematics and physics