The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is the $100million commitment by the Elumelu family to empower 10,000 African entrepreneurs over a 10-year period. The goal is to create at least 1million jobs and contribute over $10billion in revenue to the African economy. Through its flagship Entrepreneurship Programme, the Foundation empowers African entrepreneurs and the entrepreneurship ecosystem across 54 African countries. The Foundation has empowered over 9000 entrepreneurs thus far.
The year 2020 will be the sixth turn of the application.
The grant is opened to all Africans with a business idea or existing business not more than three (3) years old. Over the years, Nigerians have won about, if not over 50% of the grant opportunity.
TEF GRANT Application Training is envisioned and designed to enlighten, train and increase the number of Deltans that win the grant opportunity yearly. This will, directly and indirectly, boost the socioeconomic activity of Deltans and enhance economic prosperity in Delta State.
Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Grant Application Training For Deltans is geared towards the following goals:-
- Enlightening Deltans about the grant opportunity and why they should apply for it.
- To train and help startups and individuals with business ideas in Delta state submit a winning application for the grant opportunity
- To increase the number of Deltans who win the grant yearly.
- To breed startups and a strong business community in Delta state.
- To leverage on the grant and business training provided by the Tony Elumelu Foundation to strategically increase economic growth and development in Delta State.
- To start a community of entrepreneurs in Delta state
TEF Grant Application Training will host some alumni of Tony Elumelu Foundation who have won the grant and other business development experts who will share their winning strategies with attendees.
This training is opened to all interested Deltans and it’s completely free of charge. Participants will have the opportunity to sign up for a free review of their application by experts before submission. Participants will also receive several materials that will guide them on submitting a winning grant application.
Model of Program – Presentation – Panel Discussions – Pitching – Exhibition – Networking